How to find amazing western food in Bangkok

I love Thai food. I am addicted to red curry. Addicted! I have it for breakfast, lunch and dinner! But sometimes when you are away from home for a long period you crave home comforts and western food. Lets face it, sometimes you need a pizza.
Quite often when I am away I crave these things, order them and as soon as I take a bite, I instantly regret it. If it is not as good as the food back home I immediately know I should have had the local food which is 99 times out of 100 amazingly tasty.

To find epic western food in Bangkok I had to search. But I found it.

Lapepina

Best Pizza
La Pepina, Sukhumvits

It was not cheap but it was worth it. A great review led me to La Pepina. The restaurant was a little noisy but the service and the food were amazing. It gives any pizza I have had a run for it’s money! It is open Tue-Sun 11:30am-2:30pm, 6:30pm-midnight and 10 minutes from BTS Station Asok. I had the most amazing pizza for 300THB.

Gameoverlounge

Best Burgers and fries
Game Over lounge, Thong Lo

Daniel Thaiger a gourmet burger truck entrepreneur, made famous by his amazing food, has now opened this amazing restaurant.

Not just the greatest burger in Thailand but one of the greatest burgers I have ever tasted! Not only is the food tasty, the environment is amazing. A bar set up with every kind of board and computer game you can think of. A nerds paradise. We passed the time waiting for our food to cook but laying Connect four and Jenga! Check out the website for opening times and the full menu.

fullmoonburger

Best chicken burger

Full moon Burger, On Nut food Market

Originally a food cart but now a full time stand, this is the best chicken burger I have had in Asia. You even have the option to add Mac and Cheese to your burger! Check out their Facebook Page for more information.

Italian

Best Italian
Maison de Baguette, Sukhumvit

As a lot of you know, I love a Carbonara. Sadly these can either be amazing or awful. So when an Italian gentleman gave me a card with the details of his restaurant on when I was shopping for cornflakes in 7/11 and told me it was ‘proper Italian’, I thought I would give it a try. Boy am I glad I did. It was perfect. One of the best Carbonaras EVER! They kept bringing us delicious bread and olive oil and the food was magnificent. The ingredients were fresh and authentic and the seating area relaxed and comfy. I loved every minute of it. Definitely worth a visit! Check out their Facebook Page for more information.

These restaurants fed my craving for home comforts. I definitely recommend them all!

{ 14 comments… read them below or add one }

Rachel April 14, 2015 at 10:34 am

It’s funny how that works, isn’t it? No matter how good the food is where you are, you still miss your own country’s food. Every so often I cook my own big sloppy hamburgers or my mom’s mac and cheese for just that reason!
Rachel recently posted…Carbet Waterfall #2: A Rainforest WalkMy Profile

sallymunt sallymunt April 14, 2015 at 11:31 am

Yes I love Thai food but when I crave pizza I need it!

Erin Southerland April 14, 2015 at 3:29 pm

Yum, such a great guide to western food for anyone homesick in Bangkok! And funny for me because I’ve been home in Pittsburgh craving Thai food.
Erin Southerland recently posted…BB’s Restaurant, Jacksonville, FLMy Profile

sallymunt sallymunt April 16, 2015 at 8:51 am

Haha I know… I crave western food when I am in Thailand and Thai food in England! There is no pleasing me!

Veronika April 14, 2015 at 3:45 pm

I hear you! When I lived in China, I sometimes craved for cheese like never before! It’s good that you mapped out all the places in Bangkok. If I ever have to stay there for an extended period, I’ll know where to escape to have some western food! :)
Veronika recently posted…12+ Reasons Why I Fell in Love with KeralaMy Profile

Anne | Girl Chasing Sunshine April 16, 2015 at 10:36 am

Really… There’s nothing like a big bite of that sinful pizza or burger after a week of gorging pad thai! :) Good job for these restaurant discoveries, Sally!
Anne | Girl Chasing Sunshine recently posted…Breathtaking Batanes: 25 Photos That Will Make You Want To Visit BatanesMy Profile

Natalie Deduck April 17, 2015 at 12:27 pm

Thanks for the tips Sally!!
I´m like you addicted to Thai food, but once a while it is good to have something different.

Not sure if you like vegan food, but there is an amazing restaurant near Khao San Road called Ethos that is amazing, the Massaman is to die for! ;-)

Nat
Natalie Deduck recently posted…How Much does it Cost to Travel in The Philippines?My Profile

sallymunt sallymunt April 17, 2015 at 4:49 pm

YES. I have been there! The food was AWESOME :)

Angel Wings Bangkok April 18, 2015 at 5:34 am

Don’t forget the best Chicken wings in BKK! Check us out @Angelwingsbkk

Chris April 20, 2015 at 7:55 pm

I’m glad you prefaced it with your love of Thai food (given Thai food is so deliciously wonderful).

So true however, you do occasionally crave a taste of home… and western food in South East Asia is usually horrendous!
Chris recently posted…Ending the year on the Rio San JuanMy Profile

sallymunt sallymunt April 22, 2015 at 9:46 am

Haha yes it is pretty awful normally. I am always saying ‘Oh I fancy a Pizza’ and when it comes out I usually cry!

Josie April 22, 2015 at 8:10 pm

These look amazing! I’m getting hungry reading it! Such good tips, especially when you’re in a country where the food is so different!

Josie
josievictoriaa

Camille April 24, 2015 at 5:29 pm

Oh yes red curry… panang is my favourite! I tend not to eat too much Western food in Thailand, or in Asia in general (mainly because it’s usually a lot more expensive and not that great!), but I definitely need me some pasta once in a while! :) I’ll keep those addresses in mind for next time I’m in Bangkok!
Camille recently posted…What To Do in Yangon, Myanmar: 8 Things Not To MissMy Profile

sallymunt sallymunt April 24, 2015 at 8:44 pm

The pasta was AMAZING! yes western food can be really expensive, but some times I need it! You ca not beat the Thai food though!