Officially my favorite place in the world… So far! Koh Rong, Cambodia

1947359_10152283259403156_918523716_nJust the right blend of backpackerness and untouched beauty! I could have stayed here forever!

Koh Rong, Cambodia

Long Beach, Koh Rong

Long Beach, Koh Rong

It's always bear o'clock

It’s always beer and BBQ time!

KOHRONG

KOHRONGTABLES

Koh Rong is a puppy lover's paradise

Koh Rong is a puppy lover’s paradise… Puppies everywhere!

Beach Food

Beach Food

Book Hostels Online Now

Koh Rong Samloen, Koh Rong's little sister

Koh Rong Samloen, Koh Rong’s little sister

Kph Rong Samloen

Koh Rong Samloen

The photos in this post are by kind permission of one of the best travel buddies ever Alex Mabrey Photography

UK Skyscanner banner 468x60

{ 16 comments… read them below or add one }

Bobbi Gould November 10, 2015 at 10:38 pm

I have never even heard of this place before! Incredible! Thanks for letting me in on a slice of your world!
Bobbi Gould recently posted…Powerful Apps and Tips To Help You Travel SmarterMy Profile

Kirstie November 10, 2015 at 11:03 pm

It looks lovely! Hopefully I’ll be heading to Cambodia some time next year, so I’ll have to check out Koh Rong!
Kirstie recently posted…Back to Fiji’s Mainland: Anchorage Beach Resort & NadiMy Profile

Richard Collett November 13, 2015 at 8:32 pm

I visited Cambodia a few years ago, and it looks like it is still as incredible as back then! Still relatively untouched!

Sabine November 15, 2015 at 4:19 am

Lovely Pictures…now I am really feeling like going to the beach again :D
Sabine recently posted…Your Ireland Guide – All the information in one postMy Profile

Daniela Frendo @ Grumpy Camel November 22, 2015 at 3:15 pm

Puppies everywhere? Sounds like my sort of paradise!

sallymunt sallymunt November 26, 2015 at 7:06 pm

Haha yes! It is amazing!

Events Panda February 23, 2016 at 1:01 pm

Wonderful article, Cambodia is so big but you managed to hit a lot of great places, and lots of things to see and do. Cambodia is a great and wonderful place to visit. We are looking forward to going back.

Hung Thai March 1, 2016 at 5:43 am

Looks great – I can see why you would consider this is the best place in the world. I like colder climates so I still haven’t found the “one” place yet.
Hung Thai recently posted…I WENT ON A BLIND DATE WITH KYOTO AND SHE BIT ME + GIVEAWAYMy Profile

Vicki March 3, 2016 at 1:58 am

Amazing photographs – and a beach with puppies? Who could want anything more?!
Vicki recently posted…15 Of The Best Street Art Cities – The Alternative ListMy Profile

sallymunt sallymunt March 7, 2016 at 11:24 pm

And cocktails… It’s heaven haha!

Criz March 5, 2016 at 12:46 am

Koh Rong Samloen is really stunning with water so clean. I’d never been to Cambodia but this place looks like some islands we have in the Philippines too ;) I can see chicken and dogs everywhere haha, typical SE Asia ;)

sallymunt sallymunt March 7, 2016 at 11:23 pm

Its not SE Asia without puppies and chickens haha!

Kerri McConnel March 5, 2016 at 6:19 am

Will I ever read a post about some wonderful place in the world and not think it’s awesome. This just looks so beautiful and so inviting.
Kerri McConnel recently posted…Touring the caves of Moët and Chandon | Epernay FranceMy Profile

Svet Dimitrov March 5, 2016 at 12:40 pm

Wow, the first picture is just drop-dead gorgeous! And so serene too! So is the sunset. Thanks for sharing!
Svet Dimitrov recently posted…Martenitsa – the Red-and-White AdornmentMy Profile

Tim March 7, 2016 at 10:14 pm

Brings back memories of a fun couple of weeks getting lost on the island.
Tim recently posted…Hair Washer of HanoiMy Profile

sallymunt sallymunt March 7, 2016 at 11:21 pm

I couldn’t think of a better place to get lost!